“Fairway Physicians Insurance Company, A Risk Retention Group” was placed in liquidation at the request of the District of Columbia Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking (DISB) on October 25, 2017.
Fairway was an association captive insurer authorized to write professional and general liability insurance in the District of Columbia and in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, and Washington. Fairway, with DISB’s approval, voluntarily suspended writing all new and renewal business by or before August 17, 2017.
Under District law and as stated in the October 25, 2017 Order of Liquidation, there is now a stay of all actions against Fairway and Fairway policyholders. See DC Official Code § 31-1322(a) and § 31-1304 (2012 Repl.).
Notices, court filings and other information will be posted to this page as they become available. If you have any questions regarding the administration of this liquidation, please direct them to the appointed special deputy liquidator:
Special Deputy Liquidator
Fairway Physicians Insurance Company in Liquidation
9543 Fenway Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Tel: 225-201-0107, Fax: 225-201-1018, [email protected]
- Notice of Liquidation (To be posted shortly)
- Notice to Policyholders and Other Creditors (To be posted shortly)
- Proof of Claim Form (To be posted shortly)
DC Superior Court Pleadings
- October 25, 2017: Order of Liquidation [PDF]
- October 17, 2017: Emergency Consent Petition for an Expedited Order of Liquidation [PDF]
Other Notices and Orders
- October 27, 2017: Order Appointing a Special Deputy
- September 18, 2017: Notice of Pending Liquidation: Fairway Physicians Insurance Company, A Risk Retention Group