This page contains proposed health plan rate information for the District of Columbia’s health insurance marketplace, DC Health Link, for plan year 2019.
The 2019 Proposed Health Insurance Rates public comment deadline is August 29. Written comments can be emailed to [email protected].
Four major insurance companies – Aetna, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, Kaiser Permanente and UnitedHealthcare –have proposed health plan offerings for individuals, families and small businesses on DC Health Link. Overall, 180 plans were filed, compared to 177 last year. The number of small group plans increased from 151 to 155, and individual plans decreased from 26 to 25.
To view the proposed health insurance rate filings, follow this link.
Proposed Rates for 2019 District of Columbia Health Plan Offerings
- 2019 Aetna Health, Inc. Small Group HMO
- 2019 Aetna Life Insurance Company Small Group PPO
- 2019 Group Hospitalization and Medical Services, Inc. (Individual)
- 2019 CareFirst BlueChoice, Inc. (Individual)
- 2019 UnitedHealthcare of the Mid-Atlantic, Inc.
- 2019 UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company
- 2019 Optimum Choice, Inc.
- 2019 Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid-Atlantic States, Inc. (Small Group)
- 2019 Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid-Atlantic States, Inc. (individual)
- 2019 Group Hospilization and Medical Services, Inc (Small Group)
- 2019 CareFirst BlueChoice, Inc. (Small Group)
Related Press Releases and Notices
- August 14 Hearing Notice: 2019 Proposed Health Insurance Rates
- June 13: Insurers File Proposed Rates for 2019 District of Columbia Health Plan Offerings
- June 5: DISB 2019 Proposed Health Insurance Rates' Public Hearing
Below is a comparison of rates from all individual plans to be offered on DC Health Link in 2019.
Small Business (SHOP) Rates
Below is a comparison of rates from all SHOP plans to be offered on DC Health Link in 2019.
Comparison of Year-over-Year Rate Changes
The chart below compares the 2019 proposed rates to the 2018 approved rates. The tables are broken down by carrier, product type and metal level.
Carrier Plan Counts
This chart shows changes to plans offered from 2018 to 2019.