DISB Updates—What You Should Know During Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak
Mayor Muriel Bowser has declared both a state of emergency and a public health emergency to mitigate the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and, on March 30, she issued a stay-at-home order for District residents. DISB has been monitoring the impact on agency operations as positive cases continue to be confirmed in the District, Maryland, and Virginia.
DISB Operations during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak
DISB is operational. However, we have made changes to how service is being provided. DISB personnel are operating via full telework for the duration of the public health emergency. Normal operations will resume at the conclusion of the emergency.
Programs that have modified operations are:
- DISB will not have in-person customer access.
- Individuals who would like to file a complaint related to insurance problems, questionable investment practices (e.g. Ponzi and pyramids schemes), consumer credit service organizations, money lenders (in person and online), mortgage lenders/brokers, and student loan services may do so via the DISB website (disb.dc.gov), or by contacting the department at [email protected] or (202) 727-8000.
DISB Consumer Information, Updates, and Responses
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021—Order Extending Coverage of COVID-19 Testing
- Friday, February 5, 2021—Notice to Insurers and Premium Finance Companies
- Monday, January 4, 2021—Notice to Insurers and Premium Finance Companies
- Thursday, December 24, 2020—Consumer Alert: Beware of COVID-19 Vaccine Scams
- November 23, 2020—Bulletin: Postponement of Property and Casualty Insurance Rate Increases
- October 20, 2020—Notice to Insurers and Premium Finance Companies
- August 24, 2020—Order Extending Coverage of Health Benefit Plans for COVID-19 Testing
- August 17, 2020—Notice to Insurers and Premium Finance Companies
- June 19, 2020—DISB Mortgage Deferment Locator
- June 15, 2020—FAQs Mortgage Deferment Program
- May 28, 2020—DISB Consumer Alert: Global Medicare Insurance Group COVID-19 Scam
- May 14, 2020—Bulletin: Interpretive Guidance on Order 03-2020
- May 12, 2020—FAQs: Relief for Private Education Loan Borrowers During COVID-19
- April 28, 2020—DISB Securities Frequently Asked Questions
- April 27, 2020—Order re Relief to Policyholders During Public Health Emergency
- April 24, 2020—Modified Regulatory Filing Requirements
- April 24, 2020—Lockbox Bulletin COVID-19
- April 21, 2020—Business Interruption Insurance
- April 9, 2020—Designation of Essential Businesses During Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- April 3, 2020—Insurance During Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- April 3, 2020—Foreclosure Prevention During COVID-19
- April 1, 2020—Notice to Securities Filers
- March 24, 2020—Beware of Coronavirus Scams
- March 24, 2020—FAQ: Insurance Issues Related to COVID-19
- March 20, 2020—Response to COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- March 10, 2020—Taking a Trip? Information About Travel Insurance You Should Know Before You Hit the Road
Beware of financial fraud during this time of heightened awareness. If you believe you have been a victim of financial fraud, alert DISB by visiting our website at disb.dc.gov or calling (202) 727-8000 to report the fraud.
For more information on the District’s response to COVID-19, please visit coronavirus.dc.gov.