Below are the details for submitting changes to a producer license.
Individual – You must submit a written request that includes DC license number, old/new name, producer’s signature and must be accompanied with the supporting document that shows the reason for the change.
Business Entity – You must submit a written request that includes DC license number, old/new name, signature from officer, director or licensing coordinator and must be accompanied with the amended article from the resident state.
If you are moving and residing in the same state, you can submit an address change online at www.nipr.com. If you are moving from one jurisdiction to another then you must submit a written request to make the change. The request must include your name, DC license number, old/new addresses and a signature.
DISB will accept all changes (name, address, email, officers and directors) using the following methods.
- Willie Hicks, Insurance Licensing Specialist
- LuCynthia Jordan, Insurance Licensing Specialist
- Sheila Johnson-Parker, Insurance Licensing Manager
- Changes may be faxed to the Insurance Bureau’s licensing division at (202) 354-1084.
- Changes may be mailed to the following address:
DC Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking
1050 First Street, NE, Suite 801
Washington, DC 20002
Attn: Insurance Bureau’s Licensing Division