Pinelands Insurance Company Risk Retention Group, Inc. was placed in liquidation at the request of the District of Columbia Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking (DISB) on August 25, 2015.
Pinelands was an association captive insurer authorized to write commercial auto liability insurance in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Pinelands, with DISB’s approval, voluntarily suspended writing all new and renewal business as of March 9, 2015.
Under District law, there is now a stay of all actions against Pinelands. See DC Official Code § 31-1322(a) (2012 Repl.).
If you have any questions regarding the administration of this liquidation, please direct them to the appointed special deputy liquidator:
Robert H. Myers, Jr.
Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
1401 Eye Street, NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20005
Tel: (202) 898-0011, Fax: (202) 408-5146, [email protected]
DC Superior Court Pleadings
- September 11, 2015: Stay Order
- September 8, 2015: Order Granting Petitioner’s Motion to Approve the Appointment of the Special Deputy to the Liquidator and to Fix Compensation
- September 1, 2015: Motion to Approve the Appointment of the Special Deputy to the Liquidator and to Fix Compensation
- September 1, 2015: Emergency Motion to Stay and Enjoin All Litigation Against Pinelands Insurance Company Risk Retention Group, Inc. and Its Policyholders
- August 25, 2015: Order of Liquidation [PDF]
- August 25, 2015: Emergency Consent Petition for an Expedited Order of Liquidation [PDF]
- November 3, 2015: Order Granting Stay and Injunction for Litigation in PA