DISB Consumer Guides
The D.C. Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking, a regulatory agency for the District of Columbia’s financial services industries, issues consumer guides to provide information on financial services and insurance topics. The consumer guides also include information to help consumers avoid being a victim of fraud or unfair and fraudulent business practices.
Select from the following links and to view more resources for consumers visit our Consumer Education and Resources page.
- Consider Your Insurance Options When Changing Jobs
- Evaluate Your Need for Flood Insurance
- Five Reminders About Your Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Considerations for College Students
- Insurance Gaps Exist in Private Autos-for-Hire Services
- Insurance Tips for Homeowners and Renters
- Hurricane Preparation: Act Now to Make Recovering from Storm Damage Easier
- Protect Yourself Against Insurance Fraud
Investing and Securities
- Affinity Fraud: Scams Targeting the Faithful
- Things to Know About Energy Investments
- Tools for Retirement: Is an Annuity Right for You?
- Accessing Your Free Credit Report
- Things to Know Before Borrowing Money Online
- Tips for ATM Safety and Use
- What You Should Know About Bitcoin and Other Virtual Currencies
- What You Should Know About Reverse Mortgages
- Disaster Planning for Small Businesses
- Introduction to a Business Owner’s Policy: A Package Solution
- Introduction to Liability Insurance