District of Columbia Appointment Renewal for 2012
The District of Columbia (DC), Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking (DISB) will provide electronic appointment renewal processing with the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR).
- All terminations must be posted to the NIPR's PDB before 6 pm (EST) Wednesday, February 29, 2012.
- Please choose one of the electronic payment options for payments to NIPR as instructed on the website.
- On March 12, 2012, the NIPR website will display the invoices and a list of appointments due for the renewal.
- The NIPR website is: www.nipr.com
- Invoices will no longer be displayed on the NIPR website after May 31, 2012.
- All appointments added between January 1st and April 30th will not need to be renewed this year.
Important Payment Information
Payments for the District of Columbia Appointment Renewals must be received by NIPR through the Electronic Options made available.
Note: No Paper Checks:
- Companies that submit a payment to NIPR via paper check will not have their renewal invoice processed and will have the payment returned to them.
- Since receipt of a paper check is through a lock box account, NIPR may take several days to post the paper check and issue a return check to your company.
- NIPR is not responsible if late fees are incurred during this period.
NIPR Transaction Fees
The NIPR processing fee per invoice will equal 1% of the total state fees charged with a minimum of $5.00 and a maximum of a $1,000.00.
# of appts Price Total
100 $25.00 $25000.00
Transaction fee is 1% of $2500.00 or $25.00
March 12, 2012 To May 31, 2012 $25.00/LOA/Appointment
Payment Method and Other Fees
Visa, MasterCard or American Express
There are no check processing fees for utilizing the electronic check payment method but NIPR transaction fees will apply
- A few banks or credit unions may not participate in electronic check services.
- If your bank needs a pre-authorization to use this electronic check service you will need to provide your financial institution with this information: NIPR ACH-9098504041.
A fee of 3.5% of the invoice amount may be assessed to the total payment.
NIPR processing fees are not refundable.
Process after March 11, 2012, when the electronic invoices are on the website is:
- On the Internet, go to www.nipr.com
- Follow the links to company appointment renewals and sign-in using your company identifiers: company CoCode, FEIN, and/or company name.
After entering the necessary identifying information, you can:
- Print/Pay the Invoice
- View the detail report of appointment renewals
- Print the Report
- Download the Report as text (delimited)
- Download the Report as XML.
- Help screens and NIPR Customer Support are available to guide you through the process.
If you have any questions regarding this appointment renewal process, contact:
- NAIC Help Desk (816) 783-8500–Problems navigating the online appointment renewal screens
- NIPR Customer Service at (816) 783-8468 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any problems other than appointment renewal screens
- Zadie Bowles, licensing manager at (202) 442-7819 or email@example.com
- LuCynthia Jordan, licensing specialist at (202) 442-7813 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sheila Johnson-Parker, licensing specialist at (202) 442-7795 or email@example.com
- Willie Hicks, licensing specialist at (202) 442-7814 or firstname.lastname@example.org