The District of Columbia (DC), Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking (DISB) will provide electronic appointment renewal processing with the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR).
- Termination requests for individual appointments that are not to be renewed must be processed before 5:00 PM CST Wednesday, March 3, 2014.
- Please choose one of the electronic payment options for payments to NIPR as instructed on the web-site.
- On March 10, 2014 the NIPR website will display the invoices and a list of appointments due for the renewal.
- The NIPR website is: www.nipr.com
- Invoices will no longer be displayed on the NIPR website after 5:00 pm CDT, May 31, 2014.
- All appointments added between January 1st and April 30th will not need to be renewed this year.
Important Reconciliation Information
Terminations can be made by NIPR Subscribers through the Interactive Appointment/Termination Application or the Company Appointment Reconciliation Report (CARR). Once the state has accepted the termination, the state will update the producer database. If you are not a subscriber, please contact NIPR at (816) 783-8467 or email@example.com for subscription information. (You may also utilize the services on an NIPR Authorized Business Partner.)
Important Payment Information
Payments for the District of Columbia Appointment Renewals must be received by NIPR through the Electronic Options made available.
Note: No Paper Checks
- Companies that submit a payment to NIPR via paper check will not have their renewal invoice processed and will have the payment refunded to them.
Since receipt of a paper check is through a lock box account, NIPR may take several days to post the paper check and issue a refund check to your company.
- NIPR is not responsible for any renewal late fees incurred during this period.
NIPR Transaction Fees
The NIPR processing fee per invoice will equal 1% of the total state fees charged with a minimum of $5.00 and a maximum of a $1,000.00
# of appts Price Total
100 $25.00 $2500.00
Transaction fee is 1% of $2500.00 or $25.00
District of Columbia State Appointment Renewal Fees
March 10, 2014 to May 31, 2014 $25.00/Appointment
Payment Method and Other Fees
|Payment Method and Other Fees|
|Credit Cards||No processing fee||If you are paying by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) the process will be entirely electronic. Please note there is a $60,000 limit on Credit Card payments. If your invoice exceeds $60,000, you must choose an alternative payment method. If you have questions regarding the other methods, please call NIPR Customer Service. An appropriate receipt will be displayed for you to print for your records.|
|Electronic Check||There are no check processing fees for utilizing the electronic check payment method but NIPR transactions fees will apply.||
|PayPal Account||No processing fee|
NIPR processing fees are not refundable.
Process after March 10, 2014, when the electronic invoices are on the website is:
- On the Internet, go to www.nipr.com
- Follow the links to company appointment renewals and sign-in using your company identifiers: company code, FEIN, and/or company name.
After entering the necessary identifying information, you can:
- Print/Pay the Invoice
- View the detail report of appointment renewals
- Print the Report
- Download the Report as text (delimited)
- Download the Report as XML.
- Help screens and NIPR Customer Support are available to guide you through the process.
If you have any questions regarding this appointment renewal process, contact:
- NIPR Customer Service at (855) 674-NIPR (6477) or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zadie Bowles, Licensing Manager at (202) 442-7819 or email@example.com
- LuCynthia Jordan, Licensing Specialist at (202) 442-7813 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sheila Johnson-Parker, Licensing Specialist at (202) 442-7795 or email@example.com
- Willie Hicks, Licensing Specialist at (202) 442-7814 or firstname.lastname@example.org