DISB has a roster of experts to speak to the public on a broad range of issues related to the industries we regulate. You may request a speaker to attend your neighborhood meetings, conventions, roundtables, panel discussions and more. We will speak at events with at least 20 people. Below are some examples of the topics we can discuss at your meeting. To submit your request for one of our speakers, follow the link at the bottom of the page. If you have any questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (202) 576-7988 or call (202) 727-8000.
- General financial regulatory topics: international financial services regulation, global economy, financial markets, financial regulatory reform, access to capital, market compliance, market conduct and general information about DISB
- Insurance: insurance examinations, insurance law and regulation, life risk-based capital, health care exchange regulation, insurance-product-form filings, health insurance, long-term care, Medicare supplement disability, life insurance, the Affordable Care Act, home insurance, auto insurance, business insurance, disability insurance, captive insurance, alternatives to managing risk, risk retention groups and insurer solvency
- Securities: Ponzi schemes, pyramid scams, 401k plans, individual retirement accounts, 529 plans, public offerings, preventing elder financial abuse, Dodd-Frank implementation and investor education
- Banking: fair lending, fair housing, foreclosure mediation, loans, equal credit, home equity loans, small business lending, DC Collateral Support Program, Dodd-Frank implementation, bank solvency, reverse mortgages, depository institutions, financial examinations, the dual-banking regulatory system, Bank on DC, and financial education and training
- Consumer Protection: white-collar financial crimes, preventing elder financial abuse, development of anti-fraud units, market growth, market research, emerging financial products and market conditions