The Risk Finance Bureau licenses and regulates captive insurance companies and risk retention groups domiciled in the District. The RFB performs financial analyses of financial statements filed by captive insurers and conducts regular financial examinations to ensure that companies remain financially solvent, and operate in accordance with their approved plan of operation. RFB provides efficient and innovative solutions for companies that use captive insurers to finance their insurance risks.
Licensing Information for Captive Insurers and Domestic Risk Retention Groups
- Captive Insurance Company Application [PDF]
- Biographical Affidavit [PDF]
- Financial Pro Forma Template (Required) [MS Excel]
- Sample Letter of Credit Form [MS Word]
- Individual Certified Public Accountant Application [PDF]
- Actuary Application [PDF]
- Application for Approval as a Captive Manager [PDF]
- Certificate of Authority Renewal Form [PDF]
View recent financial examination reports for risk retention groups licensed as captive insurers.