The Risk Finance Bureau licenses and regulates captive insurance companies and risk retention groups domiciled in the District. The RFB performs financial analyses of financial statements filed by captive insurers and conducts regular financial examinations to ensure that companies remain financially solvent, and operate in accordance with their approved plan of operation. RFB provides efficient and innovative solutions for companies that use captive insurers to finance their insurance risks.
Licensing Information for Captive Insurers and Domestic Risk Retention Groups
- Bulletin 20-IB-2-04/10: Modified Regulatory Filing Requirements
- Actuary Application
- Application for Approval as a Captive Manager
- Biographical Affidavit
- Captive Insurance Company Application
- Certificate of Authority Renewal Form
- Financial Pro Forma Template (Required)
- Individual Certified Public Accountant Application
- Sample Letter of Credit Form
View recent financial examination reports for risk retention groups licensed as captive insurers.