The Risk Finance Bureau licenses and regulates captive insurance companies and risk retention groups domiciled in the District. The RFB performs financial analyses of financial statements filed by captive insurers and conducts regular financial examinations to ensure that companies remain financially solvent, and operate in accordance with their approved plan of operation. RFB provides efficient and innovative solutions for companies that use captive insurers to finance their insurance risks.
Licensing Information for Captive Insurers and Domestic Risk Retention Groups
- Actuary Application
- Application for Approval as a Captive Manager
- Biographical Affidavit
- Captive Insurance Company Application
- Certificate of Authority Renewal Form
- Financial Pro Forma Template (Required)
- Health Care Industry Liability Reciprocal Insurance Company, a Risk Retention Group
- Individual Certified Public Accountant Application
- National Assisted Living Risk Retention Group, Inc.
- Sample Letter of Credit Form
- Sigma Risk Retention Group, Inc
View recent financial examination reports for risk retention groups licensed as captive insurers.
Related content: Video: DISB Captive Program