The Banking Bureau of the Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking (DISB) regulates District of Columbia Chartered Banks, mortgage companies and consumer finance companies. The Bureau strives to ensure a sound and thriving financial services community that provides the products, credit and capital vital to the needs of District of Columbia residents and businesses. DISB charters and regulates District of Columbia banks and other DC depository financial institutions such as trust companies. DISB also regulates non-depository financial institutions such as mortgage lenders and brokers, money transmitters, consumer finance companies and check cashers.
- Industry Notice: Licensing Procedures for Retail Sellers
- Updates for Banks, Mortgages and Consumer Finance
- Banking in the District
- Check Cashers, Sales Finance Companies, Retail Sellers, Money Lenders, Money Transmitters, Non-bank ATM Operators and Mortgage Lenders, Brokers and Loan Originators
- Foreclosure Mediation Program
- License & Registration Verification and Status