This page contains proposed health plan rate information for the District of Columbia’s health insurance marketplace, DC Health Link, for plan year 2020.
The average increase in 2020 premiums across all health insurers is 9.0 percent for individuals and 10.5 percent for small group plans. Aetna, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, Kaiser Permanente and UnitedHealthcare—the same four major insurance companies as last year—will have plans on DC Health Link. CareFirst and Kaiser Permanente plans cover individuals, families and small businesses for the 2019 plan year. Aetna and UnitedHealthcare plans are only available in the small business market. Overall, 181 plans were filed, up from 180 last year. Small group plans increased by one to 156, and individual plans stay the same at 25.
View the proposed health insurance rate filings here.
The links below include tables of proposed rates for individual and small business plans to be offered on DC Health Link in 2020. The tables show low, high and average premiums by company, product type and metal level for ages 27, 40 and 55.
Use the link below to compare proposed rates for individual plans to be sold on DC Health Link in 2020.
Small Business (SHOP) Rates
Use the link below to compare proposed rates for SHOP plans to be sold on DC Health Link in 2020.
Comparison of Year-over-Year Rate Changes
Use this link for a comparison of year-over-year rate increases for those plans offered in 2019 and 2020. The tables are broken down by carrier, product type and metal level.
Carrier Plan Counts
Use these links to review changes to plans offered from 2019 to 2020.
Related Press Releases, Notices and Hearings
- August 22: DISB Public Hearing on 2020 Proposed Health Insurance Rates
- July 15: Notice of Public Hearing—2020 Proposed Health Insurance Rates
- June 10: DISB Public Hearing on Proposed 2020 Health Insurance Rates, 6/10/2019
- May 31: District to Hold Public Hearing on Proposed 2020 Health Insurance Rates
- 2020 Carrier Reference Manual
- Bulletin 19—IB-2-4/3: Rate Filings for Plans to be Sold to Individuals and Small Groups for Plan Year 2020