Witness List and Written Testimony June 25, 2014
Witness List and Written Testimony
Public Hearing – Review of CareFirst’s 2011 Surplus - June 25, 2014
District law requires DISB to periodically review the surplus of Group Hospitalization and Medical Services, Inc. (GHMSI), a subsidiary of CareFirst, Inc., doing business in the District as CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (CareFirst). A hearing was held on June 25, 2014 at which the following witnesses appeared.
More information on surplus reviews is available here. More information about DISB’s review of CareFirst’s surplus for the year ended December 31, 2008 is available here. Additional CareFirst surplus review filings are available here. More information on the Review of CareFirst’s 2011 Surplus is available here.
• Neil Rector, Senior Consultant, Rector & Associates, Inc.
• Jim Toole, Managing Director, FTI Consulting
• Sarah Schroeder, President, Rector & Associates, Inc.
• Robert Stewart, FTI Consulting
• Chet Burrell, President & Chief Executive Officer, CareFirst
• Mark Chaney, Chief Financial Officer, CareFirst
• Phyllis Doran, Milliman*
• Dominic Perella, Hogan Lovells
DC Appleseed Panel
• Walter Smith, Executive Director, DC Appleseed Center for Law and Justice
• Mark E. Shaw, United Health Actuarial Services, Inc.
• Peter D. Rosenstein, Executive Director, American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists*
• Cheryl Fish-Parcham, , Private Insurance Program Director, Families USA
• Margot Aronson, Co-Chair DC Legislation and Advocacy Committee, Greater Washington Society for Clinical Social Work
• Maria Gomez, President and CEO, Mary’s Center
• Vincent A. Keane, President and CEO, Unity Health Care
*Witness who submitted testimony but did not present that testimony at the hearing.