DISB makes several of its documents and other non-confidential materials available for public review. These documents include newspaper articles, comments and testimonies, guidelines and policy statements, press releases, speeches, health insurance rate filings, public meeting minutes, etc. Join our subscription service for updates from the department. You can sign-up for all updates or select a specific category by following this link. You can also follow the department on Twitter and join us on Facebook.
The District of Columbia Freedom of Information Act, or FOIA, DC Official Code §§ 2-531 et seq., provides that any person has the right to request access to public records. All public bodies of the District government are required to disclose public records, except for those records, or portions of records, that are protected from disclosure by the exemptions found at DC Official Code § 2-534.
Listed below are links to frequently requested FOIA documents, where the corresponding manuals, opinions, policies and minutes of the Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking are available as public record.
- FOIA Guidelines [PDF]
- Agency Final Opinions Including Concurring and Dissenting Opinions and Orders (Orders and Administrative Orders)
- Statements of Policy and Interpretations of Policy (Regulations and Bulletins)
- Minutes of All Proceedings (Public Meetings)
- Database of DC Licensed Insurance Companies
- Database of DC Licensed Insurance Producers
If you do not see the public document that you are looking for, send a request to email@example.com.