District of Columbia Appointment Renewal for 2014
The District of Columbia (DC), Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking (DISB) will provide electronic appointment renewal processing with the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR).
- Termination requests for individual appointments that are not to be renewed must be processed before 5:00 PM CST Wednesday, March 3, 2014.
- Companies that subscribe to NIPR may submit appointments or terminations through the NIPR Interactive Appointment/Termination application. Subscribers may also obtain a listing of the appointments currently on record with the Department and terminate any appointments listed that are no longer active via the Company Appointment Reconciliation Report (CARR) available on the NIPR website. If the company does not have a subscription, they may contact NIPR at 816-783-8467 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please choose one of the electronic payment options for payments to NIPR as instructed on the website.
- On March 10, 2014 the NIPR website will display the invoices and a list of appointments due for the renewal.
- The NIPR website is: www.nipr.com
- Invoices will no longer be displayed on the NIPR website after 5:00 pm CST, May 31, 2014.
- All appointments added between January 1st and April 30th will not need to be renewed this year.
Important Payment Information
Payments for the District of Columbia Appointment Renewals must be received by NIPR through the Electronic Options made available
Note: No Paper Checks
- Companies that submit a payment to NIPR via paper check will not have their renewal invoice processed and will have the payment refunded to them.
Since receipt of a paper check is through a lock box account, NIPR may take several days to post the paper check and issue a refund check to your company.
- NIPR is not responsible for any renewal late fees incurred during this period
NIPR Transaction Fees
The NIPR processing fee per invoice will equal 1% of the total state fees charged with a minimum of $5.00 and a maximum of a $1,000.00
# of appts Price Total
100 $25.00 $2500.00
Transaction fee is 1% of $2500.00 or $25.00
District of Columbia State Appointment Renewal Fees
March 10, 2014 to May 31, 2014 $25.00/Appointment
Payment Method and Other Fees
Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover
There are no check processing fees for utilizing the electronic check payment method but NIPR transaction fees will apply
- A few banks or credit unions may not participate in electronic check services
- If your bank needs a pre-authorization to use this electronic check service you will need to provide your financial institution with this information: NIPR ACH-9431763793.
Process after March 10, 2014, when the electronic invoices are on the website is:
- On the Internet, go to www.nipr.com
- Follow the links to company appointment renewals and sign-in using your company identifiers: company code, FEIN, and/or company name.
After entering the necessary identifying information, you can:
- Print/Pay the Invoice
- View the detail report of appointment renewals
- Print the Report
- Download the Report as text (delimited)
- Download the Report as XML.
- Help screens and NIPR Customer Support are available to guide you through the process.
If you have any questions regarding this appointment renewal process, contact:
- NIPR Customer Service at (855) 674-NIPR (6477) or email@example.com
- Zadie Bowles, Licensing Manager at (202) 442-7819 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- LuCynthia Jordan, Licensing Specialist at (202) 442-7813 or email@example.com
- Sheila Johnson-Parker, Licensing Specialist at (202) 442-7795 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Willie Hicks, Licensing Specialist at (202) 442-7814 or email@example.com