Compliance Analysis Division
The Compliance Analysis Division:
- develops research and analysis of industry sectors to establish “best practices” standards and guidelines for design, delivery, and results monitoring of financial products and services;
- reviews consumer complaints regarding financial institutions and firms operating in the District to determine compliance with District of Columbia laws and regulations;
- conducts analysis and investigates matters regarding consumer issues, such as claim disputes, cancellation or non-renewal of insurance policies, improper insurance producer conduct and uninsured motorist fund claims, complaints regarding allegations of misconduct by securities professionals operating in the District of Columbia and complaints regarding banks and non-depository financial institutions to determine compliance with District of Columbia laws and regulations;
- refers suspected illegal activities to the Enforcement and Consumer Protection Division for investigation; and,
- coordinates information from Market Examinations Division with the Bureaus to identify and define key market factors that drive changes in each industry sector.