Text Resize

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Check Cashers, Consumer Finance Companies, Money Lenders, Money Transmitters

Licensing Information and Applications:

The Banking Bureau of the Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking regulates check cashers, money transmitters, consumer sales finance companies, money lenders and operators of non-bank ATMs in the District of Columbia.

The links below will assist with the licensing process for check cashers, money transmitters, consumer sales finance companies and money lenders. Non-bank ATM registration information is also available online.

For more information, please check us out on line at this link or email the Banking Bureau at BankingBureau@DC.gov. You can also call the Banking Bureau’s licensing staff at (202) 727-8000 between 8:15 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday with any questions.

Initial License Application Packet [PDF]

Renewal License Application Packet [PDF]

Additional Information

Mortgage Lender, Broker and Originator Applications are available on the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System website.