Applying for Grants
Current grant application and funding information.
To prospective 2013 Nonprofit Security Grant Program (NSGP) applicants:
On May 21st 2013 FEMA released the Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for the FY2013 Nonprofit Security Grant Program (NSGP). This grant provides $10,000,000 in funding support for target hardening and other physical security enhancements and activities to eligible nonprofit organizations that are at high risk of terrorist attack and are located within one of 25 designated urban areas. The maximum amount of each individual award to a specific nonprofit applicant is $75,000.
In order to apply for this grant, applicants must:
Submit an application on the EXCEL format Investment Justification Template (attached) no later than Monday, June 10th, 2013 (11:59pm) to the District of Columbia Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency (DC HSEMA) which is the State Administrative Agent for this grant.
- Application template must be saved in Microsoft EXCEL 97-2003 format
- Application file name should be “FY 2013 NSGP DC_NCR_(nonprofit name)”
- Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must be 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organizations
- Applicants must be located within the National Capital Region (District of Columbia; Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties in Maryland; Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William Counties and the City of Alexandria in Virginia)
Applicants must include the organization’s Dun & Bradstreet Number (DUNS) in the application template where requested.
- Applicants that do not have a DUNS number may get one by calling (866-705-5711)
- Applicants should not have to register with the Central Contracting Registration (CCR), since DC HSEMA is the sole applicant on behalf of the region.
- Applications must only request funding for equipment/activities that are consistent with the allowable costs guidance listed on pg. 23-25 of the FOA.
The scoring criteria for the applications are included on pg. 26-32 of the FOA.
Instructions on how to save the EXCEL application template correctly are listed on the “Introduction” worksheet – please follow these instructions carefully.
After June 10th, DC HSEMA will conduct an initial review and scoring of the applications received, and will submit an application to FEMA on behalf of the National Capital Region urban area that includes all of the eligible applications. FEMA estimates it will make final decisions by 8/2/2013, and will issue the sub-grant award to DC HSEMA no later than 9/30/2013.