DISB Consumer Guides
The D.C. Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking, a regulatory agency for the District of Columbia’s financial services industries, issues consumer guides to provide information on financial services and insurance topics. The consumer guides also include information to help consumers avoid being a victim of fraud or unfair and fraudulent business practices.
Select from the following links and to view more resources for consumers visit our Consumer Education and Resources page.
- Accessing Your Free Credit Report
- Affinity Fraud: Scams Targeting the Faithful
- Consider Your Insurance Options When Changing Jobs
- Disaster Planning for Small Businesses
- Evaluate Your Need for Flood Insurance
- Fraud Target: Senior Citizens
- Insurance Gaps Exist in Private Autos-for-Hire Services
- Introduction to a Business Owner’s Policy: A Package Solution
- Introduction to Liability Insurance
- Protect Yourself Against Insurance Fraud
- Things to Know About Energy Investments
- Things to Know About Mortgage Fraud and Straw Buying
- Things to Know Before Borrowing Money Online
- Tools for Retirement: Is an Annuity Right for You?
- What You Should Know About Bitcoin and Other Virtual Currencies
- What You Should Know About Reverse Mortgages