Hillyer Art Space invites artists to submit to its current Open Call for Artists for the 2014-2015 exhibition season. We pride ourselves in exhibiting talented artists working in all media and subject matter.
Hillyer presents monthly exhibitions, and each accepted artist is given a room in our three room gallery space to present his or her work.Accepted artists also benefit from our Mentorship Program, where our highly qualified Artist Advisory Committee work individually with each artist to prepare each exhibition and establish the artists in the DC arts community. Artists are chosen by the Artist Advisory Committee and will be notified of selection in February 2014.
All are welcome to apply but we do have the following restrictions to ensure that our gallery forwards it mission to assist underrepresented artists as well as international artists:
- Must live in the DC Metro area
- Cannot have had a solo exhibition in the past 3 years
- International artists applying as an international artist must currently reside outside of the United States
To apply please send:
5-10 images of previous work (jpegs no less than 72 dpi and clearly labeled)
Slide list (detailing title of work, medium, dimensions, and year)
Artist Resume with exhibition history, email, contact number and mailing address
**Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted**
Submissions can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mailed to: Hillyer Art Space
Attn: Artist Submission
9 Hillyer Court NW
Washington DC 20008
Submissions will be accepted until 6:00 pm November 22, 2013
- Please DO NOT send images in pdfs, all image files should be sent as jpeg attachments or jpeg files on cd or thumb drive (if sending hard copy submission). Zipfiles are accepted.
- If you would like your hard copy submission returned to you please enclose a pre-paid return envelope with your submission.
- Artist Statements should reflect your general inspiration as an artist and speak to the work you have submitted. They may also include a short proposal stating what you would intend to exhibit at Hillyer
- We prefer video submissions to be sent via cd or thumb drive but we will accept Vimeo or Youtube links
- Due to the high number of applicants we cannot notify all artists upon receipt of submission
Questions? Please email email@example.com or call 202-338-0680
Don’t qualify for the regular Call for Artists? Please consider applying to our Member Gallery by becoming a member today!
(http://www.artsandartists.org/membership-gallery.php ) Submissions accepted on a rolling basis.
Submission Deadline: 11/22/2013
Contact Name: Hillyer Art Space
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org