The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) is excited to announce the 2016 Summer Camps season as we prepare for another great summer of swimming, field trips, creative activities, and new experiences in the District of Columbia. The 2016 Summer Camp season will offer four sessions from June 20 through August 12, 2016.
DPR will offer a rolling registration for the 2016 Summer Camp season starting on Monday, February 22, 2016 at 12 noon.
Before and after care registration will open on Monday, March 21, 2016 at 12 noon.
Reduced Rate Pre-Qualification period opened on Monday, February 1, 2016.
2016 Session Dates:
- Session 1: June 20 – July 1, 2016
- Session 2: July 5 – July 15, 2016 (Holiday Observed, July 4)
- Session 3: July 18 – July 29, 2016
- Session 4: August 1 – August 12, 2016
Most camps operate Monday through Friday, from 9 am – 5 pm.
DPR also offers a Before and After Care package for an additional flat rate. Before care is offered from 8 am – 9 am and after care is offered from 5 pm – 6 pm.
** Please note that select camps will follow an alternate session schedule. Those camps will be identified on their individual pages.
2016 Summer Camp Information
- Summer Camp Listing (2016 camps are posted.)
- Summer Camp Handbook (2016 Camp Handbook will be available in early March)
- 2016 Summer Camp Refund Request Form (2016 Refund Request Form will be available for download after March 3)
2016 Summer Camp Registration
- Sign Up for Summer Camps - Rolling registration opens on Monday, February 22 at 12 noon - 2016 camp information is posted.
- Sign Up for Summer Camp Before and After Care - Registration opens on Monday, March 21 at 12 noon
2016 Summer Camp Rolling Registration Schedule
Summer Camp registration will open on Monday, February 22, 2016 at 12 noon. Click on "Sign Up for Summer Camps" to register.
|Mon., Feb 22||Tues., Feb 23||Wed., Feb 24||Thurs., Feb 25|
- Barry Farm
- Ferebee Hope
- Fort Stevens
- Joe Cole
- Langdon Park
- Chevy Chase CC
- Ridge Road
- N Michigan Park
- Turkey Thicket
|Fri., Feb 26||Mon., Feb 29||Tues., Mar 1||Wed., Mar 2|
- Bald Eagle
- Benning Park
- Mitchell Park
- Chevy Chase RC
- Fort Stanton
- Rose Park
- Columbia Heights
- Harry Thomas
|Thurs., Mar 3||Fri., Mar 4|
- Guy Mason
- Riggs LaSalle
- Volta Park
- Park View
Kids, Camps & Co-op Division
Columbia Heights Community Center
1480 Girard Street, NW, 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20009
Phone: (202) 671-0372
Fax: (202) 671-2796
Camp office hours:
Monday - Friday: 9:30 am - 5 pm
Closed: Saturday & Sunday