DISB News and Publications
The DISB Office of Communications provides information for DC residents, consumers, the media and the financial services industries we regulate. We encourage you to join our subscription service for updates from the department. You can sign-up for all updates or select a specific category by following this link. You can also follow the department on Twitter and join us on Facebook.
For interviews and media inquiries, please follow this link.
- DISB Press Releases
- DISB on Social Media
- DISB Videos
DISB’s Financial Literacy Articles for the Washington Informer
The DISB communications office contributes financial literacy and consumer education articles frequently for the Washington Informer newspaper.
- Do You Rent? You Still Need Insurance, August 15, 2013
- Mediation is An Option For Homeowners Facing Foreclosure in DC, June 12, 2013
- Paid off the Mortgage? Don’t Forget to Keep Your Homeowners' Insurance Current, June 12, 2013
- Don’t Leave Tax Refunds on the Table: Understand, Use, Earned Income Tax Credits, March 12, 2013
- What to Do If Your Health Insurance Is Too High, March 8, 2013
- More Complaints From Consumers Means More Predators Are Prowling The Mortgage Market, Feb. 2, 2013
- Beware of Deceptive Ads in Search of Home Loan, Jan. 4, 2013
- Don't Let a Financial Scam Ruin Your Holidays, Dec. 6, 2012
- What You Should Know About Reverse Mortgages, Nov. 2, 2012
- Targets for Scam Artists: The Elderly Must Be Extra-Careful When Investing, Oct. 3, 2012
- Here’s a “Top Ten List” Investors Should Not Listen To, Oct. 3, 2012
- DISB Publications
To reach the DISB communications office, please email email@example.com.