You Are Invited: "Flood Hazard Protection: What You Need to Know" - March 5, St. George's Church
Join the DC Insurance Federation, Councilmembers Kenyan McDuffie (Ward 5), Vincent Orange (At-Large), Jim Graham (Ward 1), Anita Bonds (At-Large), the Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking and others for this special informational event on flood and homeowner insurance.
March 5, 2013, 6:30-8:30 pm
St George’s Church
160 U Street, NW
The DC Insurance Federation is hosting an information forum in the Bloomingdale neighborhood of DC on March 5 to educate residents in the more flood prone sections of the city as to why a homeowners policy is not “flood insurance” and what resources are available to help consumers find protection from flooding hazards.
The event will feature remarks from Councilmembers Kenyan McDuffie, Vincent Orange, Jim Graham, Anita Bonds and a five-member panel of insurance experts to take your questions. Panelists include:
- Rich Sobota, Insurance Specialist for FEMA Region III
- Phetmano P. Phannavong, P.E., CFM, DC NFIP Coordinator, District Department of the Environment (DDOE)
- Donald L. Griffin, CPCU, ARC, Are, ARM, AU, Vice President, Personal Lines, Property Casualty Insurers Association of America
- Thomas M. Glassic, General Counsel, Office of the Attorney General, Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking
- Theodore M. Pappas, CLU CIC, CWCA, Past President of the Metropolitan Washington Independent Insurance Agents’ Association and currently National Director to the Independent Insurance Agents’ & Brokers’ Association for Washington, DC
- Moderator, Wayne McOwen, Executive Director, District of Columbia Insurance Federation
This event is open to the public. Light refreshments will be served compliments of the DC Insurance Federation. If you have any questions about the event, contact Wayne McOwen at firstname.lastname@example.org.