Dance DC Festival
Dance is a tradition enjoyed by virtually every culture in the world. Whether dance is performed as a celebration or ritual, all of us have performed the art of dance at some point in our lives. Dance DC Festival was created to highlight dance from around the world and to share it with DC residents and visitors.
Dance DC Festival At-A-Glance:
Application deadline, March 21, 2014. Apply here.
A Dance DC Festival Advisory Panel will review all questionnaires during the selection process. They will take into account technical and scheduling needs, appropriateness, and diversity of performance styles and will recommend groups to the festival staff.
- Musicians/dancers must perform repertoires for which they were invited. A standard repertoire for dancers consists of 10 minutes of performance time for dancers. Workshops are 60 minutes in length. Workshop instructors must be able to provide 60 minutes of interactive dance instruction. Performance lengths are subject to change as directed by DCCAH.
- Dancers must be based in Washington, DC or have at least one member of the performance group based in Washington, DC.
- Dancers must provide all technical specifications in advance. Any changes after March 21, 2014 must be communicated in writing with the DCCAH staff.
- Dance DC Festival 2014 retains the right to use any festival-sponsored documentation, including any video, audio, and/or photography for promotion of future Dance DC Festivals or DCCAH non-commercial activities without compensation to its performers.
- Dancers will receive an honorarium for their participation in the Dance DC Festival. The amount will be determined by the DCCAH staff based on the number of participating groups, secured funding, and other budget considerations.
For more information contact Ebony C. Blanks, Program Coordinator or call (202) 724-5613.