CareFirst Surplus Report Filings
Group Hospitalization and Medical Services, Inc. or GHMSI, a subsidiary of CareFirst, Inc., doing business in the District as CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (CareFirst) must file a financial report with DISB by June 1 of each year which details the company’s surplus, describes the appropriate level of surplus necessary for the company to meet the National Association of Insurance Commissioners’ Risk Based Capital Requirements for health insurers, and examines whether the company’s surplus should be considered excessive under District law. The most recent reports – and responses to those reports – are provided below.
More information on surplus reviews is available here. More information about DISB’s current review of CareFirst’s surplus for the year ended December 31, 2011 is available here. More information about DISB’s review and hearing on CareFirst’s surplus for the year ended December 31, 2008 is available here.
- CareFirst June Report With Attachment - 2014
- DC Appleseed Letter – July 2013
- United Health Actuarial Services, Inc. Letter – July 2013
- CareFirst June Report – 2013
- United Health Actuarial Services, Inc. Letter – July 2012
- CareFirst June Report – 2012
- CareFirst June Report – 2011 includes Attachments A, B, C, D
- CareFirst Report - 2008